For over three decades, Dr. Zein Obagi defined the concept of skin health and developed skincare treatments and programs that can create truly healthy skin. Now with the introduction of ZO® Medical products, Dr. Obagi’s next generation of therapeutic skincare products and treatments are exclusively available through skin health professionals.
Under the guidance of Dr. Zein Obagi, ZO Skin Health, Inc. has developed a wide spectrum of therapeutic treatments for everyone regardless on skin condition, age, gender or ethnicity. Based on the latest advances in skin therapy technology – biotechnology complexes, plant stem cell components, and multi-therapy delivery systems – these products and programs have been optimized for your specific needs.
The new ZO systems include a pogram for Skin Health Restoration (ZO Skin Health, or ZOSH) and a program for medical treatment (ZO Medical, or ZOMD) within the scope of Skin Health Restoration.
ZOSH and ZOMD generally follow similar principles. This makes the ZO Systems easy to administer, whether a patient is transitioning from a medical approach to maintenance or from basic skin care and prevention to a medical program. The only difference between the medical and nonmedical systems is that the medical approach uses certain topical agents in treating skin medical problems, whereas the nonmedical program does not. Following the ZO Skin Health principles moreover allows physicians to create treatment programs geared to a patient’s specific medical condition, tolerance, motivation level, and desired results- while avoiding the pitfalls of traditional disease-driven dermatological treatments that fail to restore overall skin health.
Preventing skin deterioration, and maintaining skin health
- A daily basic skin care program
- A preventive step can be added to the basic program to prevent any specific problem (acne, sun damage, discoloration, and signs of skin aging). For use as needed in any stage of life.
Treating medical skin problems while simultaneously restoring skin health
- A program for patients with a skin disease
- Disease-specific agents can be added to be used at specific concentrations, for specific lengths of time
- A program for patients who have completed a course of treatment
- Topical agents are used for maintaining skin health and treatment results
Our doctor utilizes ZO® Medical products to treat a wide range of skin disorders and chronic conditions including freckles, chronic sun damages, acne and dyschromia.