Dermapen 4 is a revolutionary micro-needling device which uses a unique disposable needle tip with an automated, vibrating motion, it is safer and more effective than traditional skin needling rollers and causes less epidermal damage. Dermapen 4 has a superior effect on collagen and elastin rejuvenation.
LM SKINCENTRE is one of the first clinic to use the latest generation of Dermapen 4 device. Compared with Dermapen 3, it has the following advantages and characteristics:
- It is the World’s First Digital and Bluetooth MicroNeedling Platform, including; New Exclusive “ST” Scar Treatment Functions
- Generating 1920 holes per second, the Dermapen 4 generates 47.69% more holes than the Dermapen3, and 104% more micro‑channels than the average counterfeit device. The extra 620 holes forge superior fractional channels to your skin, which allows for a better healing response and faster results
- Needle penetration can now be increased up to 3.0mm, in contrast to Dermapen 3 which can penetrate only up to 2.5mm
- AOVN technology, automatically calibrates the motor speed, pressure and penetration for targeted precision.
- Dermapen 4 Needle Cartridge featuring: 16 pin, 33 gauge needles with built in RFID Needle Cartridge, ACM™ - Anti-Contamination Mechanism, AOVN Retention Valves, Advanced AOVN4 Technology
Dermapen 4 creates fractional channels to your skin and enables active ingredients directly supplied to the deeper layers of the skin. Dermapen 4 promotes scar-less healing and natural collagen reproduction, like fractional laser treatments, IPL, laser resurfacing, and chemical peels, but without the side effects and downtime.
Advantage over other microneedling therapy:
- Safer and more effective in piercing the skin than traditional skin needling rollers, because of its unique vertical needling technology. Because of the vertical delivery the needles can easily penetrate scar tissue
- Dermapen 4’s multi-speed and adjustable needle depth allow the needles to pierce the skin’s layers at 90 degrees and increase the effectiveness of treatments by increasing the absorption of products
- Sterilized one-time use disposable needle tip to ensure hygiene and prevent cross infection
- Ability to treat hard-to-reach places (e.g. around the eyes, nose, and lips)
What can Dermapen 4 be used for?
- Skin tightening, lifting and rejuvenation
- Reducing fine lines and wrinkles
- Improving stretch marks
- Minimizes pore size
- Improving keloid, surgical and acne scars
What to expect at your visit?
Prior to the procedure our doctor will explain the process to you and clearly define your expectations of the treatment and how many sessions will be needed. They will tell you whether or not the results you are looking for will be achievable using this method. It is important that the correct diagnosis has been made by a doctor prior to treatment. We have the latest skin analysis system Visia® 7 to determine whether you are suitable for Dermapen 4 treatment. Before the treatment, we would apply numbing cream and there is minimal pain during the treatment. There may be pain or irritation after the treatment which may last for 1-2 days.
What to expect after your treatment?
You may experience facial redness for a few days after the treatment. You may develop petechia, which is when little blood vessels burst under your skin causing tiny red dots.
- You will be advised to avoid sun exposure for several weeks and use a daily sunscreen
- Any tightness or flaking may be relieved with moisturization
- The use of scrubs or active ingredients such as vitamin A or AHAs should be stopped for a minimum of 7 days
- Redness or petechiae (blood blisters) may be easily concealed with a mineral make-up during recovery
- Strenuous exercise for a minimum of 2 days post- Dermapen 4 treatment are not advised
The results from micro-needling skin remodelling can go on for months after each Dermapen 4 treatment. Results can be seen after a course of 6 treatments separated by every 4 weeks. Typically, you will see results after your first treatment.